To develop and deliver quality youth soccer programs through parent/community volunteers that provide a great experience and builds a connected community and develops positive character through participation in a fun, fair, and safe family environment based on the six AYSO philosophies.
Children's lives and community enriched through youth soccer.
- Everyone Plays - Our Region's goal is for kids to play soccer - so we mandate that every player on every team must play at least 75% of every game. It's no fun to spend the game on the bench...and that's no way to learn soccer!
- Balanced Teams - Each year we form new teams as evenly balanced as possible - because it is fair and more fun when teams of similar ability play. And, each player gain's the experience of a wide variety of teammates of different skill levels.
- Positive Coaching - Kids win when they are built up, not when they are torn down! Encouragement of player effort provides for greater enjoyment for the players and leads to better-skilled and better-motivated players. A coach is an influential person in a child's life. AYSO requires they create a positive experience for every boy and girl.
- Open Registration - Our program is open to all children between 4½ and 18 years of age who want to register and play soccer. Interest and enthusiasm are the only criteria for playing. There are no elimination tryouts and nobody gets cut.
- Good Sportsmanship - We strive to create a positive environment based on mutual respect, rather than a win-at-all-costs attitude, and our program is designed to instill good sportsmanship in every facet of AYSO.
- Player Development - Develop players character and skills, maturing our youth and abilities. All players should be able to develop their soccer skills and knowledge to the best of their abilities, both individually and as members of a team, in order to maximize their enjoyment of the game
Our core values are
: Fun for all! Education for all! Ethics for all! Accessible to all!The mission is accomplished in our region by providing these essential services.
- Coaching and referee training programs
- Quality administration
- Strong financial position
- Special network for volunteers, supported by a national staff
Unique Program Promotes Sideline Cheerleaders
In AYSO, fans are asked to be cheerleaders, not critics. Kids Zone includes a parent commitment to positive, encouraging behavior
when they’re watching the games.
Soccer is a player’s game. Players learn the game by trying new things, making mistakes and trying again. Sideline critics who shout instructions at players or criticize referees or coaches just slow down the learning process and make it less fun for everyone.
Kids are #1
- Fun, Not winning, is everything
- Fans only cheer, and only coaches, coach
- No yelling in anger, or negatively
- Respect our volunteer referees