Parents and Volunteers,
The AYSO operates stringently to protect children and volunteers. EVERY volunteer is required to register with our region, and our region submits the forms to our national headquarters for criminal and sex offender background checks. Since 2000, AYSO's Safe Haven program has been the premier child and volunteer protection program that was the first of its kind in youth sports. It includes proactive steps to provide positive, healthy child development.
It is not easy, but we must ensure EVERY coach, referee and other volunteer is registered and Safe Haven certified. This includes the Safe Haven online course to ensure our volunteers understand our guidelines on appropriate behavior with children. If any parent wishes to preview this 20 minute course online, let me know, and I will be happy to arrange for you to see it from your own computer.
1) Every volunteer must register every year. No matter how many years you have been volunteering, it is necessary to re-register.
2) Every volunteer whose forms have been received, has been registered in eAYSO, and you can login to eAYSO.org to get your AYSO ID number, necessary to take the Safe Haven training on http://aysotraining.org
3) If you have not completed ALL the steps, including printing, signing and mailing the forms from the instructions athttp://volunteer.ayso26.org, then you cannot yet be registered
4) If you want to get your forms in faster than snail mail, you can drop them into the mailbox at 1102 Forest Ave, Palo Alto. You will get same day processing if you do this. (redwood trees in front yard on south side of Forest west of Lincoln),
5) MAKE SURE YOU ARE COMPLETELY REGISTERED AND HAVE SAFE HAVEN BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS. IF YOUR ARE A COACH, YOU MAY NOT ATTEND PRACTICE OR GAMES UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED REGISTRATION AND SAFE HAVEN TRAINING. ACT NOW !!!
6) Make sure you have the appropriate level of training for the position you have undertaken. Again, Act Now !!
I trust our volunteers and parents appreciate the positive and professional youth program that we produced because our volunteers put in the effort to register and take Safe Haven training.
Regional Commissioner, AYSO Region 26