Green Giants - It's free !
The Palo Alto AYSO VIP Program provides a quality soccer experience for children - and adults - whose disabilities make it difficult to successfully participate on mainstream teams.
The VIP program gives everyone a chance to play.
Our goals for every participating player are
- to have fun playing soccer
- to understand the fundamentals of the game
- to learn teamwork and fair play
- to increase positive self-esteem
- to become more physically fit
- to meet and be comfortable with new people
We practice and play on Sunday afternoons from 1:30 to 3:00.
Our activities are at TBD in Palo Alto.
Volunteer to Help with VIP
We need VIP Buddy Volunteers. 1:20pm to 3:00pm, approximately 5 Sundays in the Fall.
The VIP program is a great opportunity to volunteer your time !
And if you are a high school student, earn community service hours !
- No soccer experience is necessary
- Ideally, volunteers commit to 5 (not required) Sunday sessions in the fall
- Helping players with skills and drills
- Playing on the opposing team for scrimages,
- Cheering for the players,
- We would love to have a volunteer who knows some sign language!
- Each volunteer gives a parent the chance to cheer for their player from the sidelines,
- and gives the player a chance to meet someone new.
NOTE: The actual volunteer, if a youth must register, not the parent of the volunteer.
Using the link below, ignore whether you have a child in the system and login to register as a Volunteer.
Contact the VIP Producer for more information.