Update System Referee Volunteers
General: Go through the list of +Referee volunteers and if they are not on the RRA page, add them to the RRA page, and delete them from the general volunteer page.
- Open a separate browser window.
- Login using that window, ensuring you are in the correct season for registration, using http://login.ayso26.org
- Click on Admin/Gen Volunteers.
- Click on the word, Show, next to the +Referee label
- Click on the number next to the word, Currently:, unless it is zero. If it is zero then there are no general volunteers to transfer to the referee page. If the number is non-zero, it will open a dialog box with the list of general volunteers wanting to referee. If there are no new referees, you still need to keep going in this process, to update the web site and run the notification script, in case referees changed their status since the last notification.
- Open the RRA page and click on the link, Promote a Volunteer to Referee.
- Promote the persons in the general volunteer list to referees. Leaving your general volunteer list on the screen in a browser window, in another browser window, for each name in the list:
- Enter the last name of the person
- Click, Search
- Select the correct name
- Confirm, linking the children
- Click Submit
- Let the firstname.lastname@example.org know that you have updated the list, and the RC will send you the Referee csv file, to be used with the instructions on the right hand side of this page.
Update Google Docs & Run the Notification Script
You will be emailed the link the Google Spreadsheet to be updated. This spreadsheet is a combination of formulas, conditional statements for notification scripts, conditional formatting, and pasted values. You must be careful and follow the directions for pasting the values exactly, or you may damage the formulas and notification scripts.
If you make a mistake that damages the spreadsheet, use the Edit/Undo in the Google spreadsheet. Do not confuse this with your browser back button or command, be sure to use the Google spreadsheet command.
In general, you will now copy the Referee csv that is mailed to you each week, and paste it into the Google spreadsheet, but here are the details that must be followed carefully.
- Open the Referee csv file
- In a separate window, open the Google spreadsheet, and select the tab at the bottom titled, Active Referees. Select the cell range, D5 to K748, and use the Google spreadsheet command Edit / Delete Values.
- Select Column P, and again use the Edit / Delete Values to delete all values in the column.
- You can only move 200 entries at a time from the CSV to the Google spreadsheet.
- From the Referee csv, select the first name, scroll down to cell row 200 and with the spacebar held down, click the cell H200.
- Using the browsers command line, do an Edit / Copy. Note, do not use a right click copy with the clipboard, it is unreliable at transferring this information.
- Go to the Google spreadsheet, RCA-List and select the cell D2.
- Use the browser command menu to Paste into this cell. Note, do not use the Google spreadsheet paste command, the results are not reliable
- Without selecting a cell, scroll down to see where the paste ended
- Repeat the copy/paste procedure, to copy 200 rows at a time from the CSV file, and paste it into the Google spreadsheet in the D column, but at the row immediately after the pasted area you already did.
- When done, select column D and sort it from A to Z.
- Select the tab at the bottom, Furloughed Referees. These are referees that have indicated they are going to rest this season, but intend to come back in the future, and so we don't want to purge them from the system.
- Sort the Furloughed Referees by name.
- For each of the furloughed referees, delete the data in columns D to K in the referee sheet, for their corresponding row, effectively removing their data from the spreadsheet, but not harming the formulas in the other columns.
- When done, select column D and sort if from A to Z, eliminating the blank rows
- Now run the Notification Script in the Google spreadsheet
- Go to Tools / Script Manager
- This will bring up the RRA Notifications script.
- Click Run
- Update the date in cell A1 to today
- You may close the windows
- Thank you