Palo Alto AYSO vendor accounts are listed in this document
Parents pay their registration fees either through our PayPal account or by check. If by PayPal, the funds are automatically transfered into our bank account periodically and show up as a PayPal transfer in the register.
Checks for the Fall Program
are collected from the PO Box and processed for registration by the CVPA and CVPA helpers. The checks are then deposited into the bank account directly, and may be tagged with the Chart of Accounts designation by the Treasurer.
Checks for the Spring Select and Elite teams are collected by the coaches from their participating parents and mailed to the PO Box. The deposit must then be credited to the team in the Spring Select accounting sheet. The coach should have entered a deposit request to his account. You now confirm the deposit was made. To do this:
- Login to http://docs.ayso26.org using email@example.com
- Locate the corresponding deposit request (likely near the bottom of the spreadsheet.
- If there is no request for the deposit, email the coach to enter one before proceeding with that update.
- Check that the amount of the request matches the actual deposit. It should be a negative number, indicating that it is a deposit, not a payment. If the amount matches but is a positive number, simply make it negative in the spreadsheet. If it does not match, adjust the deposit request amount and send an email to the coach informing him of the adjustment.
- Enter the word "Deposited" into the purple column.
Make a treasury report for board meeting. Simple budget variance statement is sufficient, pointing out any variances and reasons.
Report to AYSO National
The bank account statement is sent to national by the bank, each month. Ensure the entries are tagged with the Chart of Accounts category in the bank register prior to the statement close each month.
Check Request Processing (bi-weekly)
- Login to http://docs.ayso26.org
- Open the form showing check requests. For most business this form, for Spring Select, this form, and for Elite, this form.
- Note that you should be focused on the tab, Master in both the Select and Elite forms. The other tabs are calculated from the Master tab.
- For each check request there must be a receipt. For emailed receipts check the email account at http://mail.ayso26.org with the login of firstname.lastname@example.org Each entry for a check request should have an accompanying receipt email with the indicated subject line.
- If there is a discrepancy between the receipt and the amount in the request spreadsheet, or the receipt is not present, send an email to the requestor.
- Check requests must be approved for disbursement. For requests that are approved (as evidenced in the blue columns to the right on the spreadsheet), enter the information into Quicken to issue the check.
- Enter the check number into the spreadsheet in the purple column.
- When done with all the check requests, print the checks
Refund Processing (monthly)
Refunds will be requested from several possible sources, and approved by the Registrar or RC, and while approving them, will enter in the correct amount of the refund. The Treasurer will be presented the approved drops, along with the amount and other information needed to complete a refund.
- Login, selecting the correct season
- Click on the Registration menu
- Click on the Exec menu
- Click on Drops/Refunds
- For each person not yet processed, issue the check and click the SENT button.
- Login to the Bank of America
- Process each transaction, tagging it with the appropriate category and tag. The category is taken from the Chart of Accounts. .
- Check that all entries are tagged appropriately.
Payment to AYSO National (monthly)
- Log in to eAYSO.
- Go to Region / Treasurer / Invoice on the menu
- This lists the outstanding invoices, for which you write a check per invoice
Budget Submission (annually)
Make a budget proposl for the Board Meeting in March, and a final budget for the Regional Board meeting in April. Send the approved budget to AYSO National by May 1.