- In June, log into your Regional eMail account, firstname.lastname@example.org. Check for any outstanding emails that may have been sent already. All emails regarding the tournament should be originated and received by this account.
- In early June, send an eMail to email@example.com to ensure Duveneck and Ramos are reserved all day for the last Saturday before Thanksgiving.
- In July, email the firstname.lastname@example.org to check the locker inventory for ribbons for Gold, Silver, Bronze and Pewter to present to the teams. You need 30 of each to have enough for each player and the coaches and assistant coaches. If there are not enough, email the email@example.com to replenish the inventory. The Crown Awards order is attached to this page for reference purposes, and can be forwarded to the equipment manager.
- In late October, send the attached U10 Tournament Email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, to forward to their coaches. The email provides overview information to the coaches.
- In early November, arrange to be able to update the online scoring spreadsheet at the field, or to be able to phone someone who will enter the information during the day. The person must be able to remain online and receive phone calls to do the updates. The person who updates the spreadsheets must also click the "Publish Now" button to push the information to the web.
- In Novermber, Right after the Last Regular Game, setup the standings by following the instructions on the right side of this page, Transfer Season Standing from WYS. Ask the DCs to let you know when all the regular season game cards have been entered, and which games are forfeits or missing game cards. All game cards must be entered into WYS prior to the transfer. Inform the two DCs when you have finished updating the standing so that they may communicate the information to the coaches.
- Before Game Day, get the needed award medals for the 8 teams. You will need 4 teams of gold, and 4 teams of silver.
- Game Day Rain Conditions. If the Palo Alto Fields are closed and rain is forecast, email the Division Commissioners and coaches to cancel the Tournament. If the fields are open but it looks like rain, start the Tournament, but phone the rain hotline hourly (329-2697, press 1). If the fields close, stop the Tournament immediately. Notify the referees that the city has closed the fields, all games must terminate immediately, and the Tournament will not resume.
- End of Game Day.
- Present the awards to the coaches. The coach presents them to the individual players.
- Leave the spreadsheet completed for follow up
Accessing of Tournament Spreadsheets The spreadsheets you need to run the tournament are pre-made in the regional Google docs. Go to http://docs.ayso26.org and sign into the firstname.lastname@example.org account. One the left panel is Collections shared with me, and a list of folders underneath. One of those folders is Tournaments. Open that folder and you will see the folder U10 Tournaments, containing the spreadsheets. Transfer Season Standings from WYS
Open the G10 Regular Season Standings spreadsheet. Notice the orange colored cell at A26. Place a zero into the cells from A27 to A45. Select the cells E26 to N45, and clear the values by selecting the menu item Edit / Delete Values. In another browser window login to WYS. Go to the menu item Div Coord and Select Division. Choose the U10G Division, and then select the menu item, Standings. This will show you a matrix titled, Season Standings. Copy the cells with the light purple background to your clipboard and then go to the G10 Regular Season Standings spreadsheet and select the orange-colored cell, A16. Do not open the cell, simply select it. Now paste the clipboard and all the game information from WYS will appear in the spreadsheet. If you made an error, click the undo icon (left, arched arrow in the menu bar, below the Edit menu item), and try again. Now repeat this entire procedure to transfer the B10 WYS Season Standings to the B10 spreadsheet.
Now eMail the email@example.com
and ask them for the Bye games (team # and game #) forfeited games (game number and team number that Forfeited and team number that was opposed). For the Bye games, enter a "-" (dash) into the correct field in the Season Scores table. For a forfeited game, enter a dash into the score cell for the team that forfeited, and three dashes, "---", into the cell of the team that was opposed. If a game card is simply missing, enter three dashes into the cell for the team with the missing game card.
The Pts column of the Points Standings Table will now show the normalized points score of each team for ranking purposes.
Perform steps 1,2 and 3 below for the Tournament Spreadsheet. This will show you the teams playing in each game and on each field. Now update the games in WYS with the correct team numbers from the pool play table.
The Tournament Spreadsheet
The steps below are to be performed on both the U10 Tournament spreadsheets.
- In the purple area titled, "Tournament Seeds", enter the team names in ranked order into Column b, replacing the text. The spreadsheet will spread these teams out on the ladder for pool play.
- As each game finishes, enter the score into the boxes on the sheet, Pool Games, under the title, Score . If there is a zero score for a game, be sure to enter a zero into the score, do not leave it blank. The Points will be calculated for each game in the box.